The Government has published a plan to increase productivity growth in England’s rural areas.
The plan outlines policies aimed at boosting the rural economy, including improvements to digital and transport infrastructure, and investment in education and skills. The 10-point plan summary is below.
1. Extensive, fast and reliable broadband services
2. High quality, widely available mobile communications
3. Modern transport connections
4. Access to high quality education and training
5. Expanded apprenticeships in rural areas
6. Enterprise Zones in rural areas
7. Better regulation and improved planning for rural businesses
8. More housing
9. Increased availability of affordable childcare
10. Devolution of power